The MN Fundraising Initiative offers an exciting fundraising program which involves volunteering your time at different food and/or beverage booths at events.  Each venue donates a percentage of the sales to the MN Fundraising initiative which then makes the funds available to families via grants.

Each venue is different; some venues donate a set amount per concession stand that we work, while others donate a percentage of the sales (averages about 9%).  MN Fundraising Initiative takes 5% of the donation from each event and puts that into the general fund and the rest goes into the grant pool.

No, this is 100% illegal under the IRS rules.
 
What you are asking about is called IFA’s (Individual Family Accounts).

The IRS specifically states that MNFI must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests, and no part of a section 501(c)(3) organization’s net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual.

When you sign up to be a volunteer with MNFI, all funds raised legally have to go to MNFI. MNFI then takes up to 5% for operating costs. The remaining 95% goes directly to the MNFI grant pool.

Allianz Field – You must be over the age of 16.  Anyone between the ages of 16-18 must be paired up with a family member over the age of 18.  

Canterbury Park – You must be over the age of 14.  Anyone between the ages of 14-18 must be paired up with a family member over the age of 18.  

Jane Sage Stadium – You must be over the age of 16.  Anyone between the ages of 16-18 must be paired up with a family member over the age of 18.  

Mariucci Arena – You must be over the age of 16.  Anyone between the ages of 16-18 must be paired up with a family member over the age of 18.  

Target Center – You must be over the age of 18.

Target Field – You must be over the age of 18.

TCF Stadium – You must be over the age of 16.  Anyone between the ages of 16-18 must be paired up with a family member over the age of 18.  

TCO Performance CenterYou must be over the age of 16.  Anyone between the ages of 16-18 must be paired up with a family member over the age of 18.  

US Bank stadium – You must be over the age of 16.  Anyone between the ages of 16-18 must be paired up with a family member over the age of 18.  

Williams ArenaYou must be over the age of 16.  Anyone between the ages of 16-18 must be paired up with a family member over the age of 18.  

Yes. We have no problem if you volunteer for multiple groups.

MN Fundraising Initiative grants can be awarded to support a variety of youth and adults activities.  This includes activities such as:

  • Education expenses such as tuition, books, clubs & trips
  • Clubs such as Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts & 4H
  • Sporting events & fees
  • Dance/cheer competition & fees
  • Music lessons/trips
  • Church activities, Mission Trips, church camps,  and youth groups

These are example activities and this list is not all-inclusive.

The General Fund pays for things such as:

  • Website hosting
  • Website Domain fees
  • Insurance
    Annua MNFI picnic

The rest of the money goes towards future scholarships.

MN Fundraising Initiative currently volunteers at:

  • Allianz Field (Home to MN United Soccer)
  • Canterbury Park
  • Jane Sage Cowles Stadium (Home to the UofM Softball team)
  • Mariucci Arena (Home to the UofM Mens Hockey)
  • State Fair Grounds
  • Target Center (Home to the Lynx’s and Timberwolves)
  • Target Field (Home of the Twins)
  • TCF Stadium (Home to the Gophers football team)
  • TCO Performance Center (Vikings preseason training ground)
  • US Bank Stadium (Home to the Vikings)
  • Williams Arena (Home to the UofM Basketball teams)
  • Xcel Energy Center (Home to the Wild)

Contact MNFI
Email – info@mnfundraisinginitiative.org
Call – (763) 575-7585

An organization you can trust

 When you give to MNFI, 97.47% of every dollar goes straight to our mission. 

Contact MNFI

Email – info@mnfundraisinginitiative.org

Call – 763-575-7585

An organization you can trust

 When you give to MNFI, 97.47% of every dollar goes straight to our mission. 

Contact MNFI

Email – info@mnfundraisinginitiative.org

Call – 763-575-7585

© 2021 All rights reserved

Made with ❤ by Volunteers